Thursday, January 1, 2015

Triangle Park Ice Skating Rink


Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!!

Okay, so I definitely thought I'd do a lot better at keeping up with this blog over break, but obviously that didn't happen. On the bright side, I did do lots of fun things, and all of them were in Kentucky, so I guess I'll just have to play catch up with some of the best places I've been since being home. 

Numero uno: Triangle Park Ice Skating Rink. 

The weekend after classes ended, Kameron came up to Lexington to stay for a few days. Friday, we went to Blue Door Smokehouse, a newer local barbecue joint that I MUST write about one of these days... unfortunately I was so distracted by my ribs that I didn't take any pictures to write a proper post, so that will come later after I revisit and eat my weight in pork. 

Anyway! I have decided that I have an extremely patient boyfriend because that Saturday, after taking Kam to a Hanukkah party with all my high school friends (we're Catholic by the way), I dragged him downtown and forced him to go ice skating with me. 

He'd never been, and he told me he hated me at least 20 or 30 times, but we still had a lot of fun! I love the fact that Lexington puts up an ice skating rink downtown in the winter now because it's very festive... and the Christmas music playing as we skated made me that much happier.

The rink will be up until January 11, so grab your favorite person/people and head down there while you still can! 

{more blog posts to come in the near future!}

No comments:

Post a Comment