Saturday, January 24, 2015

La Petite Crêperie


Well, it's been a little while since I've posted again, but I'm really excited about this post.

About a month ago, my mom and I woke up and wanted to go to breakfast at a local place in Lexington. So, I checked this list of places I'd come up with that I wanted to visit before the break, and one of those places was La Petite Crêperie, located on Kentucky Ave.

I actually just checked their website (http://petitecreperie.com), and apparently they're closed for the rest of the winter and will re-open when warmer weather returns.

Still, this restaurant deserves to be written about, and I'm just glad we managed to go before they took a break for the season.

La Petite Crêperie is a traditional french café serving only crepes and salads as far as food is concerned. They offer many different crepe options, including both sweet and savory versions of the thin pancake-like dish. The salad options also looked great, but since it was early in the morning, we were ready for some crepes and coffee to start the day off right.


Not knowing exactly what to expect when we got there, we were pleasantly surprised to find out that La Petite Crêperie is actually a very affordable place to eat.

First, their crepes were only around $5 or $6 to begin with, and extra fillings or toppings were only $0.50-$1.00 extra. Even their salads are all under $7.

Plus, at least when we went early in the morning, the woman working there told us the coffee was free. So, I got this bowl-worth of coffee for no extra cost.

Then, when my mom got her apple crepe, and I got my lemon one, we were both amazed by how tasty and filling they were for such a small cost.

Also, the story of how the two women who own La Petite Crêperie got their start is pretty cool. To summarize what I learned on their website, the restaurant is owned by two women.

One of these women was born in the US, but travelled and studied throughout France. While she was there, she fell in love with the crepe, and missed them when she returned.

The other was born and raised in France before eventually moving to the US, working in many French restaurants as she was growing up, and bringing a great knowledge of French recipes with her to the states.

Between the two, they decided it was time for a place like Lexington, KY to enjoy some truly French cuisine (without the high cost generally associated with French restaurants).

So, La Petite Crêperie became a great addition to the city I call my home, and I am very glad it did!

Read the full story by clicking here, and be sure to stop by once they re-open in the spring! I promise you won't be disappointed!

Address: 191 Kentucky Avenue, Lexington, KY





No comments:

Post a Comment