Saturday, January 24, 2015

North Lime Coffee and Donuts

I just now made a very sad discovery... Apparently although I love this local coffee shop and visited here at least 4 times over winter break, I never wrote a blog post about it, and that's just sad.

So! Here goes... North Lime Coffee and Donuts. Yum. In case you haven't noticed yet, I am very fond of coffee, and I love getting it from random local places especially. I also have the worst sweet tooth in the world, and donuts are one of my favorite breakfast foods.

Obviously, just from the name you can tell this is my kind of place.

Located near downtown in Lexington, KY,  North Lime Coffee and Donuts offers delicious, freshly roasted coffee from a local Lexington roaster (Nate's Coffee, to be exact!) as well as a variety of donuts made from scratch. They also offer free wifi, which is always a plus.

My favorite drink that I've tried so far was a "wet" cappuccino with a shot of caramel. When I'm in need of caffeine, I go for as much espresso as possible, and a wet cappuccino is very similar to a latte, just with a little extra espresso.

Anyway, in my humble opinion they also have the best plain glazed donuts around, and the fact that their donuts are square instead of round makes me happy... They also offer many other flavors daily: chocolate iced, cinnamon sugar, funnel cake, and cinnamonkeys, plus a monthly special that changes depending on when you stop by.

So far, I've never had anything from here that wasn't wonderfully sugar-coma inducing, and I highly recommend adding this to your list of places to grab coffee or breakfast in the morning because there's nothing better than caffeine and sugar from a local Kentucky coffee shop to make you feel alive!

If only I wasn't in Morehead right now, I'd probably be making this blog post from one of the tables at North Lime... Seriously stop by!

Also, they now have two locations: the original at 575 N Limestone St. and another at 3101 Clays Mill Rd. 

Hours and more available on their website: http://www.northlimelex.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment