Monday, November 10, 2014

Freezer Fresh Dairy


Well, our soccer team did not win the OVC Tournament this year. Unfortunately we lost in the semifinals to the team that went on to win it. 

The game was super dramatic, and pretty much all of us feel as if we were robbed in the last few minutes due to a very influential call that lead to a pk being scored. But, the past is in the past and there's nothing we can do about it now. 

SO, since it's Monday and I'm planning on going on another adventure later today, I figured I should probably post a little something about the last adventure Kameron and I went on. 

A couple of weeks ago we were in the car with a few free hours before practice. We thought about going to Lockegee and were headed that way when somehow as we randomly decided to go on a spur of the moment adventure to West Liberty, KY. 

A few years ago, this area got hit by a really bad tornado that destroyed most of the main part of town, and even though Kam and I both knew this, it was still surprising to see how much construction is currently going on. 

Anyway, one local business that was rebuilt after the storm is the Freezer Fresh Dairy, a little order at the window/eat in your car burger and ice cream joint that's been around since 1958. 






I took these pictures while we waited on our food... Two Double Deckers, fries, a chocolate milkshake, and a strawberry milkshake. 

It didn't take long at all, and I thoroughly enjoyed our food. It may not have been the healthiest pre-practice meal, but it was good! The double decker has two burger patties with a bun separating them and coleslaw on the top and bottom. 

When I ordered one I didn't realize it had coleslaw on it, and I'm usually not much of a coleslaw eater, but with a little ketchup and an open mind it was actually really tasty. 


So, if you happen to be in the West Liberty area and need to make a quick pit stop for food or a milkshake, check out the Freezer Fresh Dairy. 

Also, check back soon for another post about exploring Kentucky! I've got quite a few planned now that season's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment